Tomatoes, Red Onions, Cucumber Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Susan C Johnson Print Version
- 3 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup red onions, small dice
- 1 cup cucumbers, medium dice
- 1/3 cup basil, chiffonade
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Combine the tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers and basil in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate small mixing bowl combine the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk until the salt has dissolved, then whisk in the olive oil.
3. Pour over the salad ingredients and let sit for about 1/2 hour to allow the flavors to come together.
Serves 6 to 8