Moo Shu Chicken Wraps
Recipe courtesy of Ann Noble Print Version
- 1 bottle Hoisin Sauce (preferably Koon Chun brand)
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tsp. wok (or peanut) oil
- 1lb. chicken breast, sliced
- ½ ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, strings removed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded napa cabbage
- ¾ cup minced fresh cilantro
1. In skillet or wok, heat 2 tsp. oil over medium heat. Stir-fry chicken till opaque; remove and set aside.
2. Add remaining oil to wok and stir-fry onion, bell pepper and snow peas briefly, until just tender.
3. Add bean sprouts, cabbage, cilantro and reserved chicken. Toss to combine; taste and season with salt, if desired.
4. Spread each tortilla with approx. 2 TBSP hoisin sauce, or to taste.
5. Place 1/8th filling in bottom third of tortilla, then fold bottom over, then both sides and roll up wrap-style. Place seam side down on serving plate; cut in half and garnish with additional fresh cilantro. Pass additional hoisin sauce, if desired.
Makes 6-8 servings
Options: shredded carrots, red cabbage, turkey breast, pork, mushrooms, etc. can be stir-fried in place of or in addition to sprouts, napa cabbage & chicken.